Clubmark is a cross-sport accreditation programme for sports clubs. Funded by Sport England and managed by KKP it is a national standard for quality sports clubs recognised across the country. It is built around a set of core criteria which ensure that accredited clubs operate to a set of consistent, accepted and adopted minimum operating standards.
Clubmark was introduced to:
- Ensure that accrediting partners apply core common criteria to ensure that consistent good practice and minimum operating standards are delivered through all club development and accreditation schemes.
- To empower parent(s)/carer(s) when choosing a club for their children.
- To ensure that Clubmark accredited clubs are recognised through a common approach to branding.
- To provide a focus around which all organisations involved in sport can come together to support good practice in sports clubs working with children and young people.
Clubs awarded Clubmark have seen many tangible benefits, such as:
- Club development: The foundation for any club is its youth structure. By encouraging and attracting young members, it is building a strong future.
- Increased membership: Addressing issues like equity and child protection gives parents confidence when choosing a club for their children.
- Developing coaches and volunteers: As part of Clubmark, clubs receive help in developing the skills of those involved in their organisation.
- Raised profile: Once Clubmark accredited, clubs will be listed on a national database and in other directories, to help them attract new members and grow.
Our ClubMark certificate can be viewed here.
For further information on ClubMark please visit the ClubMark website.